Click Above to Join ↑ s s s s
What would you like to learn about?
Since 2009, the Future Fund has given away $225,000 and engaged over 400 young professionals in philanthropy.
In year four, 140 members pooled their member dues along with the proceeds of the Dine Local. Give Local fundraising dinner at the Clifton Inn to provide $55,000 in grants to nonprofits in the community. The members discussed the needs of the area and selected the theme of education. After reviewing proposals, they awarded Jefferson Area CHiP $40,000 to support a home visiting program that works with parents to prepare their children for kindergarten; and Club Yancey with $15,000 to support its after school program at B.F. Yancey Elementary School in rural southern Albemarle County. Year Four culminated in Live Local. Give Local awards ceremony at the Jefferson Theater.
In year three, 180 members pooled $52,700 and chose a grantmaking theme of healthcare. In March of 2012 the fund organized a fundraising dinner at Clifton Inn called Dine Local. Give Local and raised an additional $13,500. With the added support, the Future Fund was able to grant a total of $66,200. After many months of work from the dedicated Grants Committee, the full membership voted to provide a $43,200 grant to The Women’s Initiative and a $23,000 grant to the Charlottesville Free Clinic.
In its second year, the Future Fund membership grew to 188 members, who chose children and youth as a grantmaking theme and awarded a total of $75,000 in grants to the City Schoolyard Garden at Buford Middle School and the Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA).
In the inaugural year, 96 members pooled $30,000 and chose a grantmaking theme of education. After a review process by the Grants Committee and presentations by the nonprofit finalists, the full membership voted to provide Charlottesville High School with a grant to support the Charlottesville High School WALK Program.
How does it work?
- Age 20-29 $200 membership fee + $25.00 operating fee/person
- Age 30-39 $300 membership fee + $25.00 operating fee/person
- Age 40-49 $400 membership fee + $25.00 operating fee/person
- Want to keep up with what's going on? Like us on Facebook!
- Want to be kept abreast on when membership is open or when the RFP will be released? Join our mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Would you like to support the Future Fund? We'd like that too!
- Interested in Year Four? Check out our member profiles and upcoming events!
- Have a specific question? Your staff contact at CACF is Dan Freedman, Donor Relations and Grants Associate. He's at email@example.com or (434) 296-1024.